Thursday, March 28, 2024

Community

Rosemary O’Keefe

By Rosemary O’Keefe I hope you enjoyed your Easter holiday as much as I did. I enjoyed the company of my son, daughter, granddaughter and brothers. We shared a great four o’clock dinner in my sun room and then began talking about our recent adventures. No dyed eggs for me …

Read More »

Deadline approaching to submit historic photo

A Pictorial History of Johnson County – Second Edition, 2012, The Bicentennial Year Anyone wishing to submit historic photos for the pictorial history book being published by The Vienna Times should be doing so soon. The deadline for photo submissions is April 26. Design and layout of the book will begin …

Read More »

Vienna City Council

The Vienna City Council met in regular session, Wednesday, March 21, with the following members and guest: Aldermen Kevin Breeden, Bill Elliott, Greg Gorden, Richard Owen, Danny Rockwell; Jon Simmons, mayor; Jane Kluge, deputy city clerk; Melinda Zoeckler, treasurer; Jim Miller, chief of police; Gene McNeely, superintendent; Aaron Goldenstein, asst. …

Read More »

Commissioners approves Johnson County Comprehensive Plan

The Johnson County Comprehensive Plan resolution was passed in a regularly scheduled commissioners meeting Monday and will provide a guideline for the county to seek both financial and infrastructural improvements to the region. Johnson County initiated a study in 2008 looking to fulfill an obligation to the Southernmost Illinois Delta …

Read More »

GED classes offered for spring

Shawnee Community College Adult Education is continuing to offer GED test preparation for the spring of 2012. Classes are held at the Spence Community Center Monday/ Wednesday starting at 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Tuesday/Thursday, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Classes are also on-going at Vienna High School room 301, Tuesday/Thursday, 5 …

Read More »