Thursday, December 14, 2017

Bicycle/pedestrian path construction underway

Monroe-sidewalk2new-sidewalk-from-HSA 2,400 foot-long by eight foot-wide walkway/bikeway will soon connect Vienna High School to Vienna City Park and Tunnel Hill State Trail. Construction on the more than $157,000 project began last week and is expected to be completed by early August. George E. Jones Excavating, LLC of Marion was the lowest of five bidders at $157,885.

The City of Vienna received 75% of the project funding from the state as part of Governor Quinn’s Illinois Jobs Now! program. The remaining 25%, or nearly $40,000, will be paid by the city.

The concrete walkway begins at the high school’s east parking lot, crosses Rt. 45, and will connect to the existing walkway at the footbridge over Little Cache Creek on the west edge of Vienna Park. Once complete, the project will include traffic signs, pavement markings and pipe culverts.

 

 

Check Also

Eclipse T-shirt Order Form

Orders for Total Solar Eclipse T-shirts are being taken until Sept. 15. Below is the …