Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Sam’s IGA catches fire

A heating/cooling unit caught fire Sunday evening at the Sam’s IGA store in Vienna. The unit was located on top of the store, also causing damage to the roof. The damage was so extensive that they will need to make use of a company like the Dominion Roofing Company to help them fix it. At least it can be fixed though if Firefighters hadn’t have been called out, then things could have been a lot worse. Firefighters were called to the fire at around 8:40 p.m. and were on the scene for just more than an hour.

Storeowner Sam Eves said he suspects the fire was caused by a power surge that happened shortly before the fire was noticed. He said the heating/cooling unit would have to be replaced, and some roof repair would be required. With this being as easy as getting in touch with a roof repair austin tx company, for example, this may not be something Sam has to worry about.

Luckily for them, they had some pretty good roofing contractors in the area who could complete the work. There is the Ace Roofing Company and a few other contractors they could use. There was a minimum amount of water damage to the interior of the building. As of Monday morning, Eves was not sure of the monetary damages caused by the fire.

The fire did not interfere with daily operations. The grocery store reopened on normal schedule Monday morning.

Check Also

Vienna Lady Rams claim regional crown, headed to state

Start spreading the news: the Vienna Lady Rams junior high basketball team is headed to …